The Operations Room is staffed by a team of specialists who continuously monitor, report, analyze and response to economic events, issues and news. The main functions of the Operations Room include the following:
- Monitor economic events, issues and news on a continuous basis
- Report to the President, the NEC Board and relevant parties
- Gather necessary information and formulate course of action
- Advocate prompt action as necessary
- Provide feedback to formulate any policy or operating guidelines.